There are two methods to develop an application for Android OS. First method is to develop client-side application that user (client) can download from the market and install in his device to use the services. The second method is to provide services through web browser. The second method is the outcome of Android web development and here user needs not to install anything in his device.
There are factors that help developer decides what approach he has to follow. Although, Android provides following supports to make the Android web development process easier than ever before;
-Android supports to viewport properties that allow an application to get resized according to users screen size.
So you can keep the issue of screen support aside and can concentrate on other things related to development.
Another very important feature of Android application is that developer can develop applications partially stored on web and partially on clients device. You can mix both methods together to develop a user-end application that has some pages embedded on web. But, it doesnt mean that you go for Android web development to merely launch your website as it has no benefit and website can simply be launched in an Androids browser.
Android web application development is fully compatible with a number of business communities and areas like Finance, ecommerce, games, news, weather, sport, lifestyle, personal utility tools, travel and tourism and education. Developer can provide development services for both client-side apps and browser based apps. Here are some benefits driving business communities to choose Android web development;
1)Android is an Open Source stack of software and tools facilitating developers to develop high quality Android apps and lowers costs.
2) For vivid user experience, Android OS has got in-built support to powerful 2D and 3D graphics.
3) Developer has freedom of customizing an app to get close to his idea. From beginning to ending of development process, full customization of web applications is absolutely possible.
4) Applications are developed on Java programming thus allowing developer to exploit Java libraries. Libraries help in quickly developing apps.
5) Android does not have different definitions for third party application and core mobile applications. It helps developer to go for high quality third party application customizations.
6) Android OS is based on Linux core that provides stability beyond imagination. If never gets crashed and does provide apps with uninterrupted environment to deliver best performance.
Android is such an advanced platform that provides support to a range of technologies and helps developers to work on truly amazing android web development projects.